- Hot drinks. When it's cold outside, drinking anything hot is very satisfying.
- Hot showers. When it was cold yesterday and you think it will be cold today, hot showers are a great relief.
- Scarves. Not just for the French anymore.
- Gloves. When I was in San Diego, I always silently judged people who wore gloves. After being out in the snow during a Massachusetts winter and discovering my own gloves were inadequate and I in fact needed stronger gloves, I've changed my mind.
- Long underwear. Only in extreme circumstances. They make regular pants into super pants.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Things I Have Learned to Understand After Moving to the East Coast
Context: I moved from San Diego (where there is no cold) to New York (where there is; [shut up, Midwest]) two years ago.
Posted by Michael Kelly at 10:32:00 AM